July 31, 2010

Classically Beautiful Audrey


My new obsession: Audrey Hepburn. I think I'm fascinated by Marilyn Monroe. She's so interesting, and misunderstood. And I understand the stereotype of being blond and pretty, and not being taken seriously for her roles. But I love Audrey Hepburn. She's adorable, and classically beautiful. She has wit and charm, and can talk incessantly. I love "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I watched it several years ago, and recently remembered it. Now that I'm older, and more into those sorts of romances, I simply adore it. There is just some sort of appeal to their romance, and her life. She lives that fake, glamorous life, and he does too, to an extent. And they have to give it up, and truly respect each other for it to work.

I'm currently watching "How to Steal a Million" with her in it. And I am loving it. It has the same sort of humor, the quick wit, and banter. But she is a different character, and she portrays her differently. The humor is similar, but not the same, a lot of it is more humor oriented than "Tiffany's". It's one of those strange, awkward comedies, where they are put in odd situations. But it's a lot of good, funny quotes. And Audrey has caught me. I love her, and I intend to watch a lot more of her movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment