July 9, 2010

Rain and Shoes

Today I spent the day at the mall...I also spent a lot of money. But it was truly worth it.

This was my first day off in 8 days. The only thing that really ruined it for me was having to get up at 8:30 for taekwono. The day was very bleak, lots of dark, ominous clouds, and horrible humitity. The cement flooring of the pavilion we meet at was covered in different puddles from all the recent rain. Doing jump front kicks barefooted on wet cement was definitely not ideal. And there were a few times I was scared I was going to slip. The first 15 minutes of practice was devoted to discussing sparing. I do not want to spar. I will fail miserably. I am not as devoted to taekwondo as many of the students are, and I'm scared I'll either hurt someone, or more likely, hurt myself. But I have a while to worry about that. And I don't expect to be ready for any belt test anytime soon.

After practice we went over to the Chick-fil-a. Today is cow appreciation day, and so a good deal of people were dressed up as cows to celebrate the day with a free meal. I have seen more cow customes in one day than I have ever seen in my life. It was a very strange experience.

A lot of interesting people, and some communication issues later I went to the mall with my best friend Amanda and our friend Jason. I must say I went on a bit of a shopping spree. But all if it was necessary to my happiness...of course. And I bought a lace cami at Aeropostale that I had wanted for quite some time. And it was unsale for half the price I was about to pay for it a few weeks ago. And I bought two pairs of super cute shoes and an awesome little clutch purse with tons of extra space in it for money and cards. I was so excited about my shoes I took the tags off and proceeded to wear them about the mall...at least until it started raining. We talked in Sonic for a good long time during the wild rain outside. I am so excited about my cute new shoes. One pair are blue flats, and the others are more like flat tennis shoes, checkered in all my favorite colors. I cannot wait to wear them.

This was by far my best day off in a long time...despite a little rain, and slightly because of my super cute shoes. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment