July 13, 2010

Apples, Art, and Clutches

Today was full of very interesting events. I have learned to hate the Apple Store. The disorganization is maddening. My brother and I went, at great risk to our lives, to a local mall to visit the Apple Store. The button on my iPod Touch has been jammed, most likely from a collection of just plain crap getting caught. We spent most of the time waiting for someone to be free to talk to us. There were a good 15 employees there, and not one of them was very helpful. After setting an appointment to meet with someone who knew what they were talking about, we went to lunch and returned. Again we waited a good 20 minutes to finally talk to someone about getting my iPod fixed. He pretty much told me it was ruined and that I would have to spend $200 to get it replaced. I could spend a bit more than that and get a lot nicer one than the one I had. So we braved my brother's car to get back home.

Apparently the clutch would keep going out on him. Now, without a clutch, let's just say driving a manual car is very exciting. There were a few times that he had to restart the car after killing it.

After getting home I spent sometime in the sun with my Art Appreciation textbook, and I must say that time was well spent. I made a 92 on my first exam for that class. And I think I'm going to like it. I already love my professor: he's communicative, understanding, but takes no crap and has high standards. I think it should be a really good class. I hope to get ahead in it too.

Oh, and did I mention I ordered a refurbished 34GB 3rd gen iPod touch off the apple website? Because I did. I just want something that is not gonna break on me. I always end up with the crappy item, so I just pray this one is awesome, and amazing, and if it has anything wrong I can figure it out before the year warranty is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment