June 27, 2010

Little Things



So I have managed to post something on this blog, or really journal, every single day, for the past 4 days. I felt it would be a shame if I broke this spree by being lazy tonight. No, I don't have anything too profound to say. But here is a few random thoughts I had today:

I came to the realization that it is the little things this summer that are going to get me through. This summer has been, at least up to this point, consisting of things like work and school. Neither of these things is really what I had in mind for my summer. I have no plans for vacation or camp, while everyone around me plans on going out of state for a week, and to the lake for the weekend. And I'm just left to keep up with my online class and work usually 5 days a week.

But there are a few things that have made me smile the past few days, and I thought I should keep that in prospective. So I've listed here a few things I thought of that have made me smile:
-My bright blue fingernail polish.
-my best friend, Amanda, singing "Red and Blue," and changing lyrics to fit her situation.
-The sun on my skin, I could feel myself tanning.
-My pink plaid pajama shorts.
-Seeing my name at the top of the list of cashiers for ELMS scores. I beat my nemesis this week. lol.
-Free Coca-Cola at work.
-My mom paying for my $7 worth of Gatorade randomly.
-Getting tipped a $1 by a sweet old lady who came through my line.
-My Mom being in a random cooking mood, making ribs, pound cake, and enchiladas.
-My super cute summer dresses <3
-Seeing hummingbirds out the window of our kitchen almost every day.
-Boomer, my dog's, hilarious ear expressions. He uses his ears like some people use their eyebrows.
-My favorite sunglasses.
-and I love all the summer songs that are coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment