June 24, 2010

Little Spots of Sunshine: How To Add a Little Joy To a Cashier's Day

-Keep in mind I am a person. This will get you far.
-Phones make you an idiot. If you want me or anyone else in my line to think well of you, get off your phone.
-When I ask you if you would like your milk in a bag, a simple yes or no will do. I don't need your whole life's story involving milk and bags.
-Instead of leaving food items, especially perishable ones, on the a display or the candy rack, just hand the item to me. I don't mind taking care of it.
-If you don't speak the language, and you want to use coupons, either learn to read English well, or hire an interpreter. I am not going to learn your language just to tell you that I can only accept one coupon per item. And just because the brand on the coupon and the brand on the item is the same doesn't mean I can accept it. It has to be the right product of the brand.
-And thank you, but no. I really don't want to touch your sample cups covered in germs and nasty foods. Find your own trashcan.

No comments:

Post a Comment