April 24, 2011

Review of Secondhand Charm by Julie Berry


Recently I realized what a hole I've had in my life these past few months. So, I dug up my old library card and a few blogs I used to check constantly for updates of things to read. One of the books on this list was Secondhand Charm by Julie Berry.

It was a fast, easy read, set in a fictional land. The characters were likeable, the romance just enough, but it was nothing spectacular. The plot was a little slow, and predictable, open for a sequel. Typical. There was nothing particularly wrong with the book. It was just the same as any other sort of fairytale-type book, only less creative. The "magic" was not really magic and the myths were underdeveloped. The scene where she walks down the isle as the Princess's bridesmaid is strange, because she details the depiction of Moses, Adam and Eve, and other Biblical characters. Kind of strange in the middle of a mythical kingdom.

All and all it was a decent book. I now have one down, and four to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment