September 16, 2010

Sara's Adventures In Wonderland (a.k.a. the Plano DPS)

Where to begin?

Well, there was definitely nothing as cute as a bunny rabbit with a watch, who was very late for an important date. More like two cavities who got me the day off, and a numb face. And then there was the two trips to the DPS within the same day. So, that required driving the 25 minutes from Sachse to Plano, back from Plano to Sachse, again back to Plano from Sachse, and then after about 5 hours again back to Sachse from Plano. Let's just say it was a very long day.

The first trip was just to learn that we needed about four documents that we didn't have. The second trip was to sit from about 1:30 to 5:15, then to stand for about 15 minutes in lines, and then to wait about 10 to 15 minutes for her to get my information together and take my picture.

I spent most of the day alternating between my lit reading (Alice In Wonderland) and having discussions about how the DPS could be better and when we might have to come back with my Father.

But even though my day off was wasted sitting in a hard chair smooshed between an old Indian man and a middle aged Asian man, it was definitely one of the best days off I've ever had. Because the next morning I drove all by myself to work. And today I drove my own car, (well really "my" car) to work. And tomorrow I plan on having plans that don't require my mom's involvement, or anyone else's mom's for that matter, or even a friend's involvement in getting me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment